Job Vacancy – Senior Speech & Language Therapist
Job Title: Speech & Language Therapist Senior
Scope of the role:
Down Syndrome Ireland requires an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join their expanding team of professionals. Based in Galway, the successful candidate will be the lead SLT responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of Voices for Down Syndrome Galway Speech & Language Therapy service for the Galway branch of Down Syndrome Ireland.
This post involves joining an experienced team, working alongside SLT’s currently employed by National office as well as working in collaboration with the Dept of Speech & Language Therapy at the University of Galway and with public and private service providers.
A mixture of direct and indirect therapy will be required. The successful candidate will need to be conﬁdent working with all age groups. Linking in with pre-schools, schools, adult training centres and workplace will be essential. As well as clinical and operational performance supervision of other colleagues, and management of service delivery.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognised qualiﬁcation in Speech and Language Therapy
- Current CORUregistration
- Current IASLT membership
- A minimum of three years’ experience working as a Speech & Language Therapist.
- Experience of assessment and therapy for children and adults with Down syndrome and/or people with autism spectrum disorder is preferable
- Dysphagia Qualification.
- Experience of Lámh and other Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Experience delivering training workshops to parents and teachers
- Experience supervising staff grade Speech & Language Therapists and/or Speech & Language Therapists in Training.
- Relevant experience providing speech and language therapy services in a person and family centred manner.
- Own transport and full clean driving licence.
Knowledge & experience with:
- Hanen It Takes Two to Talk and More than Words
- DIR Floortime
- Supporting both mainstream and special schools
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate and deliver the Speech & Language Therapy service of Voices for Down Syndrome Galway ofthe Galway branch of Down Syndrome Ireland.
- Collaborate with service users, families, carers and other professionals in goal setting and intervention planning in an efficient and timely manner whilst ensuring a holistic approach.
- Be responsible for assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of intervention programmes for service users
- Deliver a range of therapeutic models appropriate to the client population.
- Generate and manage documentation in respect of assessments, diagnoses, intervention plans, and clinical notes
- Planning and organising (including the scheduling of) individual and group therapy for a caseload of people with Down syndrome.
- Being innovative in the use of resources to maintain and enhance service delivery standards.
- Monitoring, recording, and reporting individual and service delivery performance to the reporting committee.
- Responsibility for the line management and clinical supervision of the staff grade therapist, therapists in training and volunteers, as required.
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with families, schools and other service providers.
- Maintaining standards of service delivery in line with policy, CORU guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by Senior Management and Voices for Down Syndrome Galway Committee
Voices for Down Syndrome Galway Committee of Galway Branch, Down Syndrome Ireland Senior Management
Key working relationships:
Voices for Down Syndrome Galway
Dept of Speech & Language Therapy, University of Galway
Other service providers
Hours of work and location:
The post is permanent, hours and days per week will be agreed at offer stage. Speech Therapy Clinic location: University of Galway
Branch location: Down Syndrome Galway East Centre, Unit 7 Cois Chláir, Claregalway, Co. Galway, H91 A2F4.
Continued Professional Development provided
Clinical supervision provided
Additional annual leave
Do not delay, email your cover letter and curriculum vitae in confidence to email@example.com
Close date for application: Monday 5th June 2023