Monthly Social & Communication Group sessions with Olive Buckeridge
Register Quickly – they will fill up fast!
- Early Development Group (EDG) for under 2’s: This group is designed for children under the age of 2 who are accompanied by their parents or caregivers. The EDG aims to support early language development through sign, song, and the introduction of speech sound materials. Advice and support are provided to parents throughout.
Time: 10.00 to 11.30
- Pre-school Group: This group is designed for pre-school children and their parents/caregivers. This group will focus on the development of comprehension/receptive language/expressive language skills/speech/signs/social skills.
Time: Group 1: 12.30 to 1.30 Group 2: 1.30 to 2.30
- Social Skills Group: This group is designed to support pupils with communication skills and to further develop those skills to underpin qualities and skills which will help them manage school life and to learn effectively. This will enhance student communication. These are small groups (of up to 6)
Time: For Junior Primary Cycle (Age 6 to 8 years) 2.30 to 3.30
Time: For Senior Primary Cycle (Age 9 to 12 years) 3.30 to 4.30
Time: Post Primary School (12 to 18 years) 5.00 to 6.00
- Dates – All groups will take place at various times on the 3rd Tuesday of each month:
17th of January
21st of February
21st of March
18th of April
16th of May
20th of June
- Location for all groups – DSG East Centre, Unit 7 Cois Chláir, Claregalway, Co Galway, H91 A2F4.
- Registration: Just Click here to register
- Cost – €15 per class. Remainder to be subsidised by Down Syndrome Galway.
Please Pay in full in advance = €90 for 6 months
Payment method: Make an online payment / Bank transfer / lodgement of €90
Add reference Olive + your name to:
Name: Down Syndrome Ireland Galway Branch,
Account No: 30659674
IBAN: IE22 BOFI 9037 9530 6596 74
BIC (Bank Identifier Code): BOFIIE2D
Bank of Ireland, Mainguard Street, Galway
Sort code: 90 37 95