- 90k Route…Galway-Moycullen-Oughter
ard-Maam-Recess-Clifden-Clegga n-Inishbofin (ferry crossing from Cleggan to Inishbofin)
- 45k Route…Cycling group regroup at Maam Cross, where cyclists participating in the shorter route will join the group. Maam-Recess-Clifden-Cleggan-In
ishbofin (ferry crossing from Cleggan to Inishbofin)
This cycle is in support of VOICES FOR DOWN SYNDROME GALWAY…supporting Galway’s Down syndrome community through speech and language therapy. Since its inaugural in 2013, the event has raised €178k, a staggering achievement for all involved. A portion of this year’s raised funds will support other services provided by Down Syndrome Galway www.downsyndromegalway.ie
Registration for Bike-2-Bofin 2022 is now open
- Registration fee includes : entry fee to 90k/45k – event insurance – race pack & event t-shirt – food/refreshments stops enroute – return ferry to Inishbofin – dinner/buffet plus entertainment on the Saturday night – bus and transport of bikes to Galway on the Sunday.
- There will be NO registration on the day of the cycle, all cyclists must register online to participate in the event.
- Following the success of previous Bike-2-Bofin and the high level of interest in this year’s event, early registration is advisable.
- The event is capped at 120 participants, so register early to avoid disappointment.
- NB – For those not traveling onto Inishbofin, please phone 087 6448277 for further information prior to registering for Bike-2-Bofin 2022
The primary purpose of Bike-2-Bofin is for all participants to approach the event in an enthusiastic manner and enjoy a worthwhile endeavour. We ask that participants raise or donate a minimum of €120 (excluding registration fee), via one of the following fundraising options, simply indicate your preference during registration process:
- Sponsorship Card…card and monies to be returned to a committee member at registration on the morning of the cycle.
- iDonate Fundraising Page…this option can be set up during your registration
- Donation…make a donation when registering for Bike-2-Bofin
100% of monies raised/donated by each participant will support the vital work by the charity.
- 90k ROUTE : GALWAY-MOYCULLEN-OUGHTERARD-
- Cycling group to meet at St Mary’s College, St Marys Road Galway at 8am on Saturday 8th of October
- There will be a scheduled stop at Peacocks Hotel (approx. half-way point) for refreshments and food
- 45k ROUTE: MAAM CROSS-RECESS-CLIFDEN-CLEGGAN
- Cycling group to regroup at Peacocks Hotel, Maam Cross, where cyclists participating in the shorter route will join the group.
Arrival in Cleggan and ferry that afternoon to Inishbofin for a night of ceoil and craic!
A variety of accommodation is available on Inishbofin, however it is essential that participants book their own accommodation prior to the event.
Please visit www.inishbofin.com for a full list of hotels, B&Bs, self-catering cottages and hostel options.
For additional information, contact Pat Coyne 087 2850812.
For those staying overnight, bags can be dropped off at St Mary’s College for the luggage van on the morning of the cycle.
NB…Cyclists who do not require an overnight stay on Inishbofin must organise their own transport back to Galway from Cleggan on Saturday 8th October, as there will only be an organised bus from Cleggan to Galway on Sunday 9th October.
RETURN TO GALWAY (CYCLISTS & BIKES):
A reserved secure area will be allocated for participants bikes at Cleggan, bikes will be safely transported back to Galway and arrangement will be made for bikes to be collected from St Mary’s College on Sunday 9th October.
Sunday 9th October, return ferry departs Inishbofin Sunday morning, followed by bus back to St Mary’s College, Galway.
A safety statement has been prepared for the event and will be acknowledged by each participant prior to the cycle.
NOTE – If you have family and friends that want to travel on the ferry and have dinner but not participate in the cycle there will be an option to book both – booking link to follow shortly.
The organising committee welcomes you and thank you for your interest in participating in the 8th BIKE-2-BOFIN Charity Cycle.
Feel free to circulate this info to family, friends, colleagues who may be interested in joining us this year, we hope you will too.