At last – we’re back and open for registration!
This unique event in aid of Down Syndrome Galway takes place on beautiful Inishbofin Island, situated on Connemara’s stunning Wild Atlantic Way.
The island is steeped in history, and is renowned for its traditional music and unspoilt sandy beaches.
Inishbofin Half Marathon & 10k will take place on Saturday 14th May 2022.
Whether you’re a serious runner looking for a new challenge, or a rookie looking to run, jog or walk on quiet roads, the route offers a mix of flat and inclined terrain, meandering through fine scenery, with spectacular views of the beautiful Connemara mountains.
Your registration also includes a return ferry ticket and post-race BBQ with live music.
Enjoy a weekend of island hospitality, whilst raising vital funds for Down Syndrome Ireland, Galway Branch.
Registration fee: €60 (€50 early bird till March 17th) includes
- return ferry crossing
- entry to Half Marathon/10k on Saturday 14th May, 10 am
- sponsorship pack & tech race tee shirt
- snack & water stops during the event
- light refreshments provided after the race (showers available)
- BBQ with live music on Saturday evening
As this is a charity event, we require all race participants to raise a minimum of €100 sponsorship for Down Syndrome Galway’s speech and language therapy, education and social projects. This charity provides vital services to its members in Galway city and county and receives no government funding.
For more information visit www.downsyndromegalway.ie
For information on beautiful Inishbofin visit www.inishbofin.com
telephone enquiries to Pat Coyne 0872850812
Event details and schedule
FRIDAY 13th MAY Ferry departs Cleggan at 11.30 am, 2 pm, 7.30 pm
SATURDAY 14th MAY
- 8.00 am special early morning boat leaves Cleggan (MUST be pre-booked, €20 supplement)
- Half Marathon: 9.15 am – meet at Community Centre for the pre-race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship/donations.
- 10 am Half Marathon commences (snacks & water stops during the event)
- 10K: 10.15 meet at the community centre for the pre-race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship/donations.
- 11 am 10K commences (snacks & water stops during event)
- Post-event refreshment at the community centre.
- 7 pm Barbeque with live music at the Dolphin Hotel.
SUNDAY 15th MAY Ferry departs Inishbofin at 10 am, 1 pm and 5 pm
Ferry tickets and BBQ are included in your race registration.
If you wish to avail of the SPECIAL early Saturday morning boat you MUST pre-book this online.
Non-participants are welcome to attend the Saturday night event, tickets cost €20 – participants can book these for their friends through Njuko.com
Participants wishing to depart Inishbofin on Saturday evening, ferry leaves at 5 pm
Participants to book their own accommodation.
Please visit the Inishbofin website for a full list of hotels, B&Bs, self-catering cottages and hostel options and further information on the island www.inishbofin.com
To get to Inishbofin…take the ferry from Cleggan in Northwest Connemara, on the Clifden to Westport stretch of the N59. Eircode H91 TC6C
Citylink buses meet the ferry in Cleggan www.citylink.ie
The timetable for the Island Discovery ferry can be viewed at www.inishbofinislanddiscovery.
You must leave your car at Cleggan, foot passengers only on the ferry and their several carparks charging €3 per day.
For telephone queries about this event, ring Pat Coyne 0872850812
All proceeds to Down Syndrome Galway branch
Click here for all of the information: