About This Activity….This unique event in aid of Down Syndrome Galway takes place on beautiful Inishbofin Island, situated on Connemara’s stunning Wild Atlantic Way. The island is steeped in history, and is renowned for its traditional music and unspoilt sandy beaches.
Inishbofin Half Marathon & 10k will take place on Saturday 18th May 2019. Whether you’re a serious runner looking for a new challenge, or a rookie looking to run, jog or walk on quiet roads, the route offers a mix of flat and inclined terrain, meandering through fine scenery, with spectacular views of the beautiful Connemara mountains. Your registration also includes return ferry ticket and post- race BBQ with live music.
Enjoy a weekend of island hospitality, whilst raising vital funds for Down Syndrome Ireland, Galway Branch.
Registration fee: €60 (€50 early bird till Feb 28th) includes
- return ferry crossing
- entry to Half Marathon/10k on Saturday 18th May, 10am
- sponsorship pack & tech race tee shirt
- snack & water stops during event
- light refreshments provided after race (showers available)
- BBQ with live music on Saturday evening
For more information visit www.downsyndromegalway.ie
For information on beautiful Inishbofin visit www.inishbofin.com
telephone enquiries to Pat Coyne 0872850812
Event details and scheduleFRIDAY 17th MAY Ferry departs Cleggan at 11.30am, 2pm, 7.30pm SATURDAY 18th MAY
- 8.00 am special early morning boat leaves Cleggan (MUST be pre booked, €20 supplement)
- Half Marathon 9.15am – meet at Community Centre for pre race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship/donation.s 10am Half Marathon commences (snacks & water stops during event)
- 10K 10.15 meet at community centre for pre race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship/donations. 11am 10K commences (snacks & water stops during event)
- Post event refreshment at community centre.(Showers available)
- 7pm Barbeque with live music
SUNDAY 19th MAY Ferry departs Inishbofin at 10am, 1pm and 5pm
Ferry ticket and BBQ are included in your race registration.If you wish to avail of the SPECIAL early Saturday morning boat you MUST pre-book this on- line. Non participants are welcome to attend the Saturday night event, tickets cost €20 – participants can book these for their friends through Njuko.com
Participants wishing to depart Inishbofin on Saturday evening, ferry leaves at 5pmACCOMMODATION: Participants to book own accommodation. Please visit the Inishbofin website for a full list of hotels, B&Bs, self catering cottages and hostel options and further information on the island www.inishbofin.com
TRANSPORT: To get to Inishbofin…take the ferry from Cleggan in Northwest Connemara, on the Clifden to Westport stretch of the N59 see AA route planner www.theaa.ie/routes/
Citylink buses meet the ferry in Cleggan www.citylink.ie
INISHBOFIN FERRY: The timetable for the Island Discovery ferry can be viewed at www.inishbofinislanddiscovery.com
You must leave your car at Cleggan, foot passengers only on the ferry and there several carparks charging €3 per day.
For telephone queries about this event, ring Pat Coyne 0872850812